Friday, September 5, 2008

English, Math, and Lunch

It turns out that I have a love-hate relationship with my alarm clock, as I'm sure a lot of other people do as well. I went to bed last night with the intention of waking up early, and going to breakfast with a friend of mine, however, that ended up not happening as my alarm clock went into a snooze mode for some unknown reason, and I'm waking up 15 minutes before my Class is starting. I make a lengthy morning routine rather hasty this morning brushing my teeth, washing my hair, and getting ready in 5 minutes, also, I had to print 3 copies of my paper that I started and finished the night before. And to my surprise, when I got downstairs it was raining. The windows in the dorms do a great job of keeping out any noise, but in this case, that's not a good thing. I was very shocked to see that it was raining, and it was not something I had prepared myself for. I ended up having to sprint to class, which is over in the Arts&letters building, by the time I got there despite the fact that I was running at full speed I was still drenched from head-to-toe, and figured that I was not going to get dry any quicker than by the air, I did go to the bathroom and freshen up a little with the papertowels fixing my hair, and getting the water off my body. Now for English class, I hate English with a passion, I don't know what it really is but I don't like writing, nor do I like reading, especially when it's assigned reading. Some of the college level reading that we're given is not even something I would pick up to read out of self interest. But the class went by very quickly. I found to my liking that the class was not teaching new things at all, it was more instructional, and what our teacher expects of us in our writing, he covered in more depth the criteria on which he will grade our writing responses and essays, and how he feels we should be writing our responses and essays. The fact that we were only in there for 30 minutes of the regurly scheduled 50 minute class says so much.. It was still raining, but not as badly as it was before class. I ended up walking briskly back to the dormroom where I helped my roommate write a work's cited page for his own paper. Between the classes, I worked a little bit on math, and editing my own essay for the final draft soon due. It was not very constructive. At 10:50 I figured it was time for me to make my way to my math class. I was not really looking foreward to this class, as I knew that the one person that I talk to during the class would not show up. On the premise that it was still raining. I'm hypothesising that she does not like getting up early, going to class sick, or walking through the rain. The class went by rather quickly, and the lesson seemed much easier than the previous. In this session we learned about simplifying rational expressions. We are still in the review chapter. But we're almost done. A couple more sections, then we have our test on Friday, and we'll move into chapter one. After math class I had agreed to meet up with my buddy Hector and have lunch. Normally, when you invite someone to lunch, they'll have lunch with you. I looked like an idiot having him come all the way over to the breezeway cafe just to sit there and watch me eat lunch since he told me that he had food at his house, and he would eat there once he got back. After lunch, we walked together to his car, and he and I went our seperate ways, I got back to the dorms and took a two hour nap. RELEIF!

No comments: